B and B Gypsy Feet

The travels and wanderings of Toot (aka Lynda) and Teaser (aka Howard) in their "retirement" years.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Home at Last

It has been almost a week since we returned to Manitou Springs. Our bodies are slowly trying to adjust to our natural time zone. We have both come to the conclusion that it is much easier jetlag wise to travel East than to travel West especially when the time difference is 7 hours. We have had Indian Summer weather since our return. The color change is wonderful to see. I had worried that we were going to miss all of the bright yellows, golds, and reds. Thank goodness mother nature has decided to bless us with this late display.

All the wash is finally done. So what you may say, isn't that normal to get the wash done after a trip. It would be except that I did 8 loads of wash. Being gone a month at a changeable time of year weather wise, we had taken a variety of clothes. We used most of them, and bought a few more things while we were gone. During our time away, we did manage to do wash. However, the soap power and dryer sheets are a lot different than what I prefer using. Consequently, when we returned home I not only washed the dirty stuff from the end of our trip, I also re-washed the clean stuff. I know, I know, I'm crazy. But if you can't be crazy at our age, when can you be.

While we were gone, I had set up our VCR's to tape some of our favorite shows and a few new ones that looked very promising. I had Laurie tape Survivor and Cindi tape the opening episode of one other show. When we returned, it was to find out that the power had gone off sometime while we were gone and nothing taped on either of the VCR's I had programmed. Thank goodness I'll have the Survivor tape - you know we are Survivor junkies. I'll just have to wait for the tape to arrive and be sure not to watch tomorrow nights episode until we have seen all of the other episodes.

Yesterday, we voted early. It is a very handy thing to be able to do. We vote at our convenience and don't have to worry about where we are going to be on election day. All we have to do now is put up with the stupid television commercials both pro and con for the two ballot measures that has everyone up in arms. We were watching a West Wing television program once and they showed how the same speech can be cut and edited to say the exact opposite thing. I much prefer the written word where you are not swayed by the visual and emotional antics of the people on the screen. At this time of year, I get so tired of listening to smear tactics on both sides of the political fence.

T&T at home

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home